Link to Map and Directions to
Cold Spring Cemetery
Basic Map - This page is always under construction and will be revised as needed. This map gives you the general Sections of Cold Springs Cemetery
Link to Current Driving Map :
The office is located at the Cold Springs Road Entrance.
Cold Springs is comprised of the following:
The historical stone walls located around the cemetery were the work of craftsman/stonemason, James Shuler, who owned a quarry across from the east side of the cemetery.
Columbariums = A columbarium is a sepulchral vault or structure with recesses in the walls to receive cremated ashes. There are 3 with a fourth being built in 2018/2019.
Military = Cold Springs Section 2 is for the Veterans who wish to be placed there. There are many veterans located throughout the cemetery. Staff Sergeant William F. Leonard - World War II Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient - is Located in Section 7.
Sections A thru W are considered "Old Sections". Section A has a Revolutionary War Vet, War of 1812, WWI and WWII - but Veterans are not limited to this section.
Quaker = The residents of Quaker Cemetery are of Quaker decent and were moved here from their city location. The first Quaker Cemetery started on the properties of Jesse P. Haines - then were moved to the downtown Lockport area - then to Cold Springs Cemetery.
Price = The Old Price Cemetery of Cold Springs.
Potters Field = A section of Cold Springs Cemetery across the RR tracks that was purchased by the City of Lockport to have a place for peoples who could not pay, had no family or identification, or were the poorest of poor.
Private Property: Speck Family Home = The current residence of the Speck family. This is private property...please be respectful and do not enter onto this property.